Are you pregnant now? Will this be your last baby? How does that make you feel?

I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with my 4th and we have decided this would be our last. Some days I am relieved that I'll be done and be able to work on losing weight and getting my body back after baby. Then some days I am a little sad because I know this is the last time I'll feel the sensations of pregnancy. How about you if you are currently pregnant with your last?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am 28 weeks pregnant with my 4th and last. It really bothers me because I have use to the pitter patter of little feet around the house for the last 10 years. This will be the last little one, from here on out I have to watch them grow up and away from me. That is the really hard part but I am also relieved this one is my last because there will be no more diaper changes, midnight feedings and so on. I will be relieved and crushed all at the same time.... : (
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my 5th and thrilled this will be my last! Number 4 was supposed to be my last. #4 and 5 have been awful pregnancies and I have not enjoyed them the way I did the first 3. I much prefer the kids after they are here - and am finding that kids just get to be more fun as they age - I'm enjoying my older elementary children so much!

Answer by missanc at 8:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yes, 19 weeks, first and last and I am ok with that. I really only want one.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yeah this pregnancy hasn't been as enjoyable as my other 3 either. I had bleeding and placenta issues nearing the end of the 1st tri and now I have a never ending yeast infection. And I just failed the 1hr glucose test and have to take the 3hr one. I never failed the test with my other 3. Thanks for answering. Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I'm 33 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and last. Honestly, I've found this pregnancy more enjoyable than my others and I think its because its going to be the last. There are some times I get a little sad-ish about it. I don't really want to do this again, but babies are such amazing miracles. What will be interesting is how I feel on this baby's second birthday. I've been newly pregnant with the next child at each of my other kids second birthdays. At this point I'm just really looking forward to getting my body back and moving onto the next phase of raising kids. I think of everything my 5yo can do and everything I can do with him, and starting over with the sleepless nights and another child in diapers is daunting. (My 2.5yo is working on potty training).

At the same time I want this baby so badly I can barely stand it. Granted, I'm also getting close to the end and on semi-bedrest because of my blood pressure.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I am 24 weeks with my 2nd child and She will be my last! I did want 3 at first but after being pregnant 2 times and neither of them being that great of an experiance I am deff ok with only having 2 babies! I just can't do another pregnancy I only have 15 weeks left and I am counting the days, I have a c-section with a tubal at the end ...lol I am looking forward to the tubal! I wish when you knew you were done having kids it should be your choice to TAKE EVERYTHING OUT, so I don't have to deal with pms anymore.. lmao!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Second and last. Im sad. After our son we became high risk. My husband is scared to loose me And put his foot down. It tears me up.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 9:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• aww its so much worse when it's not even your decision. I'm sorry kj
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• im ttc my 3rd and will be my last, im 23 and my son will be 5 and my daughter 3, they are so independent i love watching them learn something new everyday, my son is in school and my daughter is potty training ... i cant wait to find out im pregnant an feel baby kick and move, cant wait to hold my new baby also it is kinda a happy sad feeling to know this is the last one but im so excited for all of them to grow up together and go to school together and Im also excited to go to work, me and my husband decided that as long as we have a child still in diapers I will stay home with them, so i plan of going to school to be a nurse.... There is a whole new life waiting for us!! And there will always be grand children some day!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• not sure how far I am.. guessing between 3-6 weeks, since we just found out yesterday. This will hopefully be my second, so long as there are no complications (which I've had in the past). If we do have this baby, and it is a boy, I will definitely consider getting on some long term pregnancy prevention. or possibly getting my tubes tied. If it's a girl, who knows. lol. I would sti l like to have a little boy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2010