Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if any of you have seen the questions I've been putting up here recently about how to get your kid to sleep in a crib, and how to get them to sleep without breastfeeding... and how to get your kid to stop crying so much! OMG. It's been a rough two weeks... but anway.
She is sleeping in her crib right now as we speak. She fell asleep there, and I did not breastfeed her to sleep! I did stay in the room the whole time, rubbing her belly and singing to her as she cried her little eyes out saying hungry (her favorite word around bed time... but I had just fed her a huge lunch and breastfed her). I feel like I'm finally doing something right. I was feeding her to sleep, and on days she didn't want to eat... she wasn't sleeping! And she would throw fits and whine and it was terrible... >< Woohoo for finally finding something that works!! :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's great! Then hopefully you can slowly move away from the back rubbing (that is, only if you want to, of course) and move little by little away from her crib until you stand at the door and then outside the door... I'm glad it's working out for you. Sleep issues are not fun but it's always good to remember that no phase lasts forever. Hope it continues to go well for you!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2010