Why does it seem so long?

I have friends in the military that are deployed and was thinking to myself my god how long has it been since i was able to get in contact with so and so. I hope they are ok. I mean i was over here writing a ton of freakin messages LOL! Then i go and check to see when was the last time we talked and it was only two days ago. Why does it seem like it has been forever since I last to them. I was over here thinking it must have been a week already or something. Are there any other people here with love ones in the military that think this way or am I crazy?

conweis

Asked by conweis at 9:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I was like that when my BIL was in Afgahn. It seemed everything took forever! I think it was mainly because I was worried and I wanted to know he was ok.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It's like that expression "a watched pot never boils". Sometimes it does take longer - the email could be down, etc. And the physical mail really does take longer, for a lot of reasons.

But, at the same time, the more you just sit there and wait for responses, and stress over it, the longer it's going to feel. Trust me on this - I've been doing this a long time, and have been through more deployments and separations (thanks to the military) than I want to think about...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• omg i never heard that expression but it is SO true lol, whenever i watch that pot it realizes to boil, the second i walk away, i hear it lol. I know what you mean though, one of my good friends is over there, one is here but he is getting deployed next year again, just came back (he got married plus some crazy *** biotch is trying to say her baby is his but not we don't know for sure, she is just causing drama which he really doesn't need KWIM).
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 2:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yes. It seems to take forever. And as you know, I haven't even been through a deployment yet :) Hang in there hon. Just remember what you saw ;)
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2010