Wouldn't it be nice to be a SAHM and hire a housekeeper and a nanny?

I saw an ad for a SAHM online and she wanted to hire a live-in housekeeper and nanny. I was looking to see how much you would pay someone to do that because I am going to have to work full time and finish my education. I wont have much time to do all the cleaning, childcare, etc., but why would a SAHM need these services? Wouldn't it be great to have such a wealthy husband? LOL. I guess I'm just jealous, but still!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL - I'm a SAHM, and I can tell you that there's no way I could do that. LOL - I would be like Marge in the Simpsons, scrubbing my house clean so that the cleaning lady didn't think we were dirty ;-)

There are people here who hire mamasans to come in and clean (apparently it's pretty common and it's pretty cheap around here - we're stationed in Northern Japan) - I just can't bring myself to do it. Even though there's a part of me that would love to hire someone to clean my windows or do the toilets, I just can't justify hiring someone to do it when I'm home.

As far as taking care of the kids - that's WHY I became a SAHM - to be with my kids. LOL - it certainly wasn't so I could stay home and do the housework :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• hell no i will not have anyone raise my daughter or clean my house inless it is one of my closes friends who i trust
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• makes absolutely no friggin sense! uhm, being a SAHm, that IS her "job".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Why even be a mother and wife then? I think for some rich ladies having a kid is like having a pet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Oh - LOL - now, that isn't to say that I wouldn't love to be independently wealthy, have my dh not work, have private tutors for my kids, people to clean our houses (of course, we would have more than one), and just spend all our time traveling the world, but hey, I'm not seeing THAT day coming any time soon....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My sister has a housekeeper, NOT a nanny. She had twins and her hubby thought it would be nice if she had help when they were babies. When the kids got a little older she thought she could just do it all herself so she let the housekeeper go. It turns out her hubby is really anal when it comes to how clean he wants his house. It was never good enough for him. So she hired a new housekeeper again. I admit, I am jealous!

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i would love to have a cleaning lady come once a week.... that would be great. i keep my house pretty clean but it's really big so it's hard for me to do a thorough job alone. i have to wait to do the major jobs (like scrubbing the kitchen floor, cleaning the bathroom, etc. ) when the kids are sleeping and they get up early so it would be nice to have those areas more clean and not stay up to 1 am doing it like i have to do now.

but anyway, back to the ad you saw.... you're so quick to judge! you don't know why she wanted to hire live-in help..... you just assume it's bc she's lazy. what if she has some kind of injury (like a broken arm or leg or something with her back) that would make it really difficult to care for the house and kids without help? what if she has a parent on hospice or something where she was spending too much time going back and forth and needed help so she could see them more often? i could go on lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I am a nanny for 2 working parents and I make 500 a week. It's good money if you find the right employer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I say if they, or anyone can afford it, go ahead. The stars do it, why can't "average" people?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Maybe a housekeeper, but that is because then I would have more time to play with the kids, then spent folding laundry. A nanny, UM nooooooooooooo.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2010