Husband getting mean

Last night he yelled at me and called me irresponsible because I lost a Wal-Mart receipt. I keep all receipts and this one happened to disappear. I honestly don't know where I misplaced it to or perhaps accidentally threw it away.... But he wanted me to save it because we had bought roses on it and if they didn't grow I need to return them. Well 2 bushes didn't grow and he called me a moron for losing it. I consider myself very responsible normally...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I know how you feel. I would hand him the receipts and let him take care of them that is what I did and after a while he stopped complaining.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would not tolerate that. My boyfriend would never talk to me that way. It was a mistake; that does not make you a moron. Besides, I'm not sure you could even return roses for not growing. But that's beside the point. I would not let him talk to me that way. You need to stand up for yourself and tell him you won't be talked to like that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would suspect that he is aggravated about something far more important that he doesn't know how to talk about, and this receipt simply provided him an outlet for his emotions. What else are you not doing that he would like you to do? Or what are you doing that he would like you to not do? Men are very unlike women in that what they go ballistic about is very seldom the real issue. They are not as verbal as we female types. So they will usually hold in their feelings until there comes alone some little incident where they feel safe in letting you have it. I think that's probably what you just witnessed, but you can figure out the real problem if you will pay very close attention to what your husband says and does. Men speak in codes, and women have to play detective to discover what that code is. You are smart enough to figure this out. You only need to apply yourself to know what the real problem is. It ain't roses!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Op here - Well NannyB. I am a SAHM and I literally do everything. I cannot think of one thing that is not done throughout my day. The house is always clean, laundry is done at least once a day and put away, never a dish in the sink, dinner always hot and ready when he gets home from work, kids well taken care of and all have good grades and happy. All hubby has to do is come home and sit. That's it. Doesn't even really pay attention to the kids. So if anyone should have a nervous break down over a receipt it should be me. So delve into that one, NannyB., and give me your wisdom! His dad was horribly physically abusive to his mother. I'm thinking he may have a nasty streak that is beginning to show itself. Or perhaps that's my fault too NannyB.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If is constant then you have a problem, seek help.

If it is not, I would set a romantic dinner, talk to him let him know how he is making you feel.
    Sounds like something happen and he took it out on the wrong person, we are there for every reason, but not to be abused. :)
    Good luck.
    We are all human and make mistakes, and if we were perfect and everyone was the same the world would be a big bore.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Well it could be that he just doesn't love you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• There is no way he should speak to you that way. I would just hand him all the receipts and tell him from now on it was his job to take care of them and to never use those words to me again.

NannyB. That is bull about having to play detective. If men can't have a decent conversation about a problem they need to learn.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Over a receipt?! Seriously, name-calling is a HUGE no-no with me. If he got that angry to call you a name of something small, then he has big issues. I wouldn't tolerate that.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2010