Is the customer always right?

If all the employees working behind a counter could remember that "the customer is always right" then there would be more satisfied and happy customers an less time spend on arguing, cursing, and complaining.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, they are not. Not when they are dishonest. I worked at a very nice hotel restaurant in high school, and a man ordered a 1400 dollar bottle of wine for he and his wife. Our best server came out, presented the wine, gave it's history, poured it, etc. After they drank the entire bottle, he came to the manager and claimed to have ordered a 300 dollar bottle of wine. The manager apologized, but said that if his order was taken incorrectly, he should have mentioned that at any point during the presentation/history of the wine. (Also, when wine was ordered, the server would ask for the name AND number of the wine, so no mistakes were made.) The man tried to tell the manager that the wine was never presented, and that it was automatically brought out in glasses. Sure. He had to pay full price for his wine, since he was nothing more than a liar.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Not always, i am a customer and I make mistakes.

Lets face it we are not perfect.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i have to say when i worked cs i began to realize that the customer may be totally wrong but in the end it's not my property or my money that's being taken advantage of. and working for minimum wage isn't enought to fight someone over something.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• You obviously don't work in retail.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• No not at all. I guess it used to be that way back when people were honest. But, as a store owner, you cannot trust anyone. For example, a friend manages Little Cesears Pizza. People are CONSTANTLY calling say there is a hair in their pizza. They now ask them to bring the pizza and the hair back. Most of the time, of course, it is a black kinky hair, which of course, there are NO black employees there. LOL! Also they will bring back a half eaten pizza with a hair strategically placed on the pizza. LOL! Like you would eat half a pizza if you saw a hair gently placed on top. NO THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. Not now with all the dishonest, see who we can screw people out there. Also, most people want something for nothing. Working in retail, is a pain the ass. They did a survey at Christmas, that about 75% of the retail workers will seek counseling at some time after working retail. PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• The number one rule of management. People are stupid.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I worked in shoprite, callahans, valley fair, weight watchers, and wendys.

If the coupon is expired you don't get the sale price, if you read the wrong sticker you don' t get the wrong price, If the fine print says 5.00 for shirts.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Nope. They have been changing the Customer is always right because people take advantage of it. In some training they dont even use it anymore
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Also, at the same hotel, I was physically assaulted by a customer once. We had really nice and expensive leather menus, and they were constantly being stolen, so we had laminated printouts that we started giving out to people who were not eating in the restaurant, and who just wanted to look at the menu or take one with them. When I offered a man a laminated menu, he threw a hissy fit. Since I knew it wasn't worth the fight, I gave him one of the hardback, leather menus. When I said "If you could bring it back with you when you come for your reservation, we would appreciate it.", he hit me in the chest with menu and started ripping things off my desk to throw at me. My manager ran out to stand in between us, and the man claimed that I had "blatantly accused him of stealing".

Another man got drunk and fell on his face, breaking his nose. His wife claimed he tripped over loose carpet, even though there was none.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• When all customers are honest, then we can deal with the customer always being right.
    Sometimes they louder they yell, the more full of crap they are!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2010