Im confused

With in the last 2 weeks or so i've noticed some nights my 2 month old son only sleeps at night if I'm holding him . Once I try to lay him down he wakes back up with in 10 min. And during the day I lay him down by himself and he stays sleep with out any problem for a couple hours. My question is what's the difference is there something I'm not doing right ? Or what can I do to get him to lay down by himslef. I know he's still new at this but gosh I'm to tired .

waitin4u

Asked by waitin4u at 10:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• awww, the little one. Enjoy your time with him and when you need alone sleep. Let him cry a little, as my doctor told me, it makes there lungs stronger, or did my dad tell me that.

Sometimes you need to sleep and not be holding the baby, I feel ya, definitly let him cry a little it does not hurt.

Good luck!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• welcome to motherhood
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Maybe he don't like how quiet it is at night and during the day he hears noies when he is sleeping but when he hears nothing but quietness he is scared
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Have you tried swaddling you baby? It works wonders!
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• when my daughter was about that age, whenever I would try to put her in her crib, she would wake up almost instantly and tart crying. I would let her sleep while I was holding her sometimes, and other times I would put my hand on her chest when I put her in the crib, that seemed to help because she knew I wasstill there
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2010