I know I'll get bashed for this one..

So, my SO and I are going through a rocky period right now. He wants to marry me, and have children with me..would it be wrong to "accidentally" get pg so that things move faster? How many of you have done this and it worked out okay?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You really have to ask this question? WELFARE>>> OR TRAILER PARK>>>> HERE WE COME!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Deceit would be a really crappy way to start a marriage.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 10:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• YES that would be wrong! Having a baby is not a solution for anything! If youre going through a rough time, wait it out and see if this relationship is one that you want to bring a child into. Remember that children are like sponges, they feel and respond to everything thats going on around them. If there is arguing or tension, do you really want your newborn picking up on that and stressing out?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• You are likely to expedite the breakup of your relationship.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• that's sneaky. I kinda like it. :P
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If you think it's ok to deceive your future husband to get what you want then you are not ready to get married. Poor guy.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Very bad idea to bring a baby into a situation to get what you want! If things are rocky,, add a baby in the mix and see how bad it can be! Maybe you should try some counseling with him! If things don't work out now, it is only you that has to pay the price,, if they don't work out after the baby, then you are putting the child in a really unfair circumstance.. I know we women like to hope and pray that a baby would make it "all better", but sadly it is not the reality! Please re think this!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I did it and it worked out for me. My husband said he wanted to get married and have kids so its not like I did something he didn't want I just sped things uo. I am not on welfare or in a trailer park I'm in a house with both of us making good money at good payng jobs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• This is NOT a good idea. For one, it might not work. For another - having a baby is NOT the way to fix or get rid of the "rocks" in your relationship.

Not to mention the expression "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" comes to mind. Because, lets say you do get pg, and he does marry you - do you want to spend the rest of your life wondering if the only reason he's with you is because you "got knocked up" and he wants to be with the kid? Or one or both of you resenting the baby, because he/she (the baby) doesn't fix the relationship problems - it just complicates things even more, and now you feel trapped?

Trust me - this is NOT a good idea. I've known people who tried it, and it NEVER ended up good. And instead of just causing themselves and their partner a lot of pain and stress, they also put a child through it.

Please, just let the relationship take it's natural course - don't go this route!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• if its going to work, it will in time- you're going to speed things up to an END.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2010