What are some activities for a 16 month old boy?

I have a very busy 16 month old, I was wondering what are some activities we could do with him indoors? He is constantly on the move and never sits still. I have tried coloring but he has no interest. I was thinking play-do or finger paints but I am scared he might eat it. Any ideas would help....thanks.

BrettMommy08

Asked by BrettMommy08 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It takes a lot of energy but tag and peekaboo work great! So does actng out nursery rhymes. My dd never sits still and turning on toddler music and letting her dance and sing (sometimes scream) gets some of the energy out! When I run out of things to do, dd runs in circles from the kitchen to the living room and will do that forever, esp if I bring out crayons!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• my son likes helping me clean we turn the radio on and dance and clean. They are having fun, helping you, learning, and burning energy. plus you get done what you need to do. or hand rhymes my son loves patty cake and six little ducks. Also if you have comcast on demand in the kids section they have baby boost try stuff like brainy baby my son will actually sit down and watch it is fun to talk with him about what they are doing but be able to relax.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Ok so, as you know, I don't have a son but I have done play-doh with McKenna; we made it (she would help me pour and such) so it was edible if she did try to eat it. She helps me unload the dishwasher; she loves the utensils and since she can reach the drawer that is her job. We play chase and tickle where I will chase her stomping and clapping an she runs and then I will "get her". That usually results in me turning around and "doing something" and she will try and sneak up on me until I turn to chase her and let her again. I love that game. That is probably my favorite because it get both of us cracking up and I love her laugh. Another thing we do is dance; be it me holding her and us dancing or just on the floor with her. I don't know, these are just a few things that McKenna and I do. Sounds silly, I know, but we have a good time and it wears her out by the end of the day!
    Harris06

Answer by Harris06 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2010