Opinion~Letter Writing and Return Letter

If your 5/6 yr old wrote a letter to their grandparents(cuz they are learning to read and write), how long would you expect to wait for a return letter?

Do you think its reasonable to expect them to write their young grandchild back within a couple of days or should you wait a couple of weeks or longer to see if they write back before realizing it isnt gonna happen??

thx.

Amaranth361

Asked by Amaranth361 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldnt expect one back ( int he mail) if they lived near ( I would expect one in person) -- maybe if they lived far away then I would

when we were little me and my brother use to write letters to my grandma who we moved an hour away from and we always got them back within a week.....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Ya my mom lives 2 hrs away and wont drive here(and our car wont travel well far). Its been great having my son practice writing anyway hence why we sent one in the first place. So he could practice writing and reading when he got one back.

I just wondered if I was expecting too much for her to write her grandson back within a couple of days or not. I dont feel like I am when I know she has the time but then again...maybe I am.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2010