different bibles?

I got a bible today and it is called the New International Version........

I was wondering, how can it be new and if it is a version does that mean it will be different ..

how many different bibles are there out there

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are may different versions. It's not different material, just different translations of the words to make reading easier. Most churches I know use the NIV or New King James. Think of it like you would use a thesaurus to find a new word that means the same thing as the original.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• the NIV is what i use. it is a version put in more simple verbage for us. King James is more Old English language.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 11:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• There are A LOT! I like NIV because it's easier to understand.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I prefer the NIV, too, because it isn't too far off from the KJV wording, yet is easier to understand. I have an NIV study bible that has notes at the bottom of each page to help me further understand scripture passages.
    The NIV was translated from the Holy Bible beginning in 1965 by more than a hundred scholars in order to keep it as true to the Word as possible. It's intent was to provide a more clear understanding to anyone reading it. The whole purpose of the clearer understanding was to help people to understand God's Word, to come to know Jesus, and to lead the reader to Jesus. This is what the Committee on Bible Translation state in my NIV bible.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2010