For Twilight fans..

Are the book and movie the same story? I've read other books that when they're made into a movie the movie leaves out characters and stuff.

Also, if you could would you visit Forks (the place the movie is set)?

Random questions. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• the movies are along the same lines as the books. Obviously they can't include everything the bookds have. I ADORE the books, but don't really care for the movies too much. I highly reccommend them. I would NOT ever visit Forks, lol. I hate the rain and cold. haha. I'm already married to an amazing man, no need to go looking for vamps in a nasty wet, freezing area. lol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• The movies are pretty much the same as the books, I enjoyed the movies very much because they were so similar to the books.

And I would definately visit Forks! My daughter would be the happiest girl in the world if we went there! She's 13 and she's a huge Edward fan. So huge, we were on the same plane as Taylor Lautner (Jacob Black) and while all the girls on the plane went crazy, my daughter didn't even care lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• They're the same story. But I think the movies suck, mostly because of the horrible acting, nothing to do with the storyline or anything. But that's just my opinion.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• they are the same and I loved the books and the movies.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Same but things have been shifted around or left out in the movie simply for time restrictions. Thats to be expected though, they have to keep the main part of the story but they have limits and the public to impress so they must see to that as well.

Id go to Forks or any place similar. It seems to be a beautiful location.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I thought they were as close as they could be. I love them both for difference reasons. I'd visit Forks if I could.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yeah, I think the movies and books are pretty close.

In my opinion the movies improve on the action sequences, and improved by leaving out the overkill of "eye smoldering," and "Adonis statue" references in the book.

At the same time my big gripe about the films is how New Moon made Jacob seem so serious and dramatic. The books gave me a much more light-hearted, fun impression of his character.

I've got family in Washington State, and I do think it's a lovely place to visit, but I don't feel any particular draw to seek out the exact town of Forks.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• The books are infinitely better.
    I've been to Forks, La Push and Port Angles...all the main places in the books. First Beach in La Push is breathtaking!
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2010