Who is dishonest more often? Wealthy people or poor people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's not based on rich or poor. It's based on the individual.
    Financial stability has nothing to do with whether you're honest or not. It has to do with your character and your conscience.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Well there is no way to determine who is dishonest more often, but I know a lot of people who think wealthy people don't have any reason to be. In the question "Is the customer always right?" further down the page, I listed a few examples of wealthy people being dishonest. (I'm assuming in 2 of the cases that they were wealthy, but since rooms at the resort where I worked were anywhere from 450-1000 dollars nightly, I don't think it's a huge jump to make.)

I used to get terribly frustrated when they would OBVIOUSLY be lying, but still get free food/free nights stay/free spa passes. It just rubbed me the wrong way that they were rewarded for being dishonest.

Maybe that is how those particular people ended up wealthy. If you lie your way into never having to spend your money, I guess you could build up your bank accounts quite nicely.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Anyone making illogical assumptions, today?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I don't know, Grace. Are they?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I agree with Jazz
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• People are dishonest, especially the ones who say they aren't. Income has nothing to do with it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It does not matter if you have or do not have.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Sometimes I think that is how real wealthy business owners make it big by being so dishonest. Before hubby had his own business he worked for larger companies that would want him to replace expensive HVAC equipment even if it was a small part, so say instead of fixing a 100.00 problem they would want the customers to replace the whole unit for 5000.00. This really weighted on my husband and he said morally he just could not do that to people who didn't have that kind of money.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 12:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• kjfamily - Did your husband happen to work for Air Around the Clock?
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 12:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Both can be dishonest. Rich people can cheat on tax form, poor people can abuse the system. Doesn't mean they will and it certainly doesn't mean everybody does.

Basically this question is rediulous.
    Anonymous