Any SAHM had to recently go back to work?

I was laid off in 2008. My husband is now saying I need to go back to work. We have 3 kids. The youngest gets out of school at 12:30. I am loving being home with them and I don't know how I will juggle picking up all 3 and holding a job etc. Before we lived near family but now we live over an hour away from anybody that could help me. I need emotional support from moms who had to go back to work and didn't want to. I'm going to miss my kids! I loved being there for them all the time...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel you, but what good is a loving mom if your kids don't have a roof over their heads. I say kudo's for missing them and doing what you need to do inspite of that fact!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I"m going kind through the same thing. my husband was laid off and now I have to o back to work in order for him to be able to complete nursing school. I dont' want to do this :(
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i was a SAHM for five years and really loved it. i recently started working. my youngest is in preschool now so i decided to work again. I can work when i want though and so i just work until three. i have a friend pick the kids up from school at 12:30 and i get them 2 and a half hours later. i do miss them and it was hard at first but then again, i am really only missing a couple hours anyway so not big deal. it is much harder in the morning though, getting all three of us ready to go by 7:45.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 12:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I went back to work back in the fall. More out of need than anything else. Thankfully after 2.5 month, I became the boss. So now I write my own schedule. So I often go to work after my kids are in bed. Both of mine are home most of the time. My 3 year old goes to pre-school 3 hours.. two days a week. Other than that, they are both always home. I would go crazy if I had to shuffle my schedule between work, school and daycare!
    ~Heather
    Hottiehp21

Answer by Hottiehp21 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2010