Pagan Sisters, When Making An Offering To Your Gods, What Do You Give?

I know the Gods (I follow Greek/Hellenic path) don't want money from me, so I usually offer hand made items, or items that mean a lot to me, or relate to the specific God/Goddess. I make offerings during Sabbats, Esbats, and of course, when asking anything of them, or just out of the blue. What do you give, and at what times?

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 11:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• IS THIS A SERIOUS QUESTION? there are really people our there that worship false gods? I thought this was a thing of the past. not to be mean or anything but what Hope do you get from an object that you give offering to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i usually sacrifice a baby lamb - oh wait a minute i don't have to sacrifice anymore because that is what Jesus did for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Um, hello!? Are you new here or something? Maybe you should fully read all the posts in this section, before typing out of your backside. YES, Paganism is alive and well. YES, I get many great things from my beliefs, just as I'm sure you get great things from yours. Have a nice day.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• again - not trying to be mean - but what "great things" do you "get" from your beliefs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• What the hell is wrong with you people? You must all be new here, or just crawled out from under your rocks..
    First of all, no one sacrifices any living things anymore... And if I remember correctly, even your God played a
    sick joke on poor Abraham and told him to kill his own son; then right as he was about to, told him to stop, then
    he killed a lamb... A LIVE ANIMAL. You're no better than anyone else, so STFU.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• miritrose, your lack of basic human decency is very disappointing. I feel sorry for you.
    NightPhoenix

• i usually bake cookies and give at 7 pm, what do you usually give?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Well anon, I have a wonderful life, full of love, all the necessities for living: roof over my head, food to eat, clothes on my back, etc. I have a great marriage, going on 8 years married in May, we've been together 10 years. I have 2 beautiful kids that have everything they need to be happy and healthy. I honestly have no complaints about my life. I have overcome many horrible things growing up, and when I shed the Christianity that was shoved down my throat, opened my mind and let true love in, I felt lifted above the clouds, and everything fell into place. I haven't had any problems in over 15 years. Yes, life always throws curve balls at us, but it serves to make us stronger and grow, to reach full enlightenment. I have been at peace for a very long time, and never so happy.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I do not celebrate all of the Sabbaths or Esbaths... I follow more of the Celtic path in my beliefs and offer Mead and cakes most often... and while gardening or outside (any given time) I offer Mother Gaia the same for all that She gives to us...

And WOW!!! to the Anons... talk about being ignorant to another's beliefs... Just simple WOW!!!
    You are right NightPhoenix, they must be very new or real A**es....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• the thing is it is a known fact that there is either heaven or hell when we leave this life - so which do you choose? I'm very sorry Christianity was thrown down your throat-that is very sad indeed. No one says you can't have a wonderful life as a "Pagan" look at satan he probably feels he has a wonderful life too-separate from God...
    Anonymous