Is it weird not to wait for friends to celebrate a child's bday?

Its going to be a small party just immediate fam, but when I told my friend she thought it was weird we wouldn't have it on a weekend so they could come...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think I have ever invited friends to my child's bday parties. I have only invited family. If you want to have the party during the week, that's fine. It's your child.
    Anonymous

• We always have birthday parties on the weekend. That is the norm. On the actual birthday we will have a mini party, just us. I believe in candles and singing at every meal! I give the birthday child presents when they wake up to make the day special.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• On the day of the birthday in our family..we all get together and have cake and presents. That includes everyone...my mom, my dad, my sister, my brothers, their children, their spouses...and then we have a party if we want another day and invite friends...
    Anonymous