First BDay Party...

My sons first birthday is in two months and I already know when and where the party will be taking place but do you think its too early to send out invites? And also I was wondering if it be okay to register for it or would people thin that was tacky (tring to control what he gets for his BDay). And advice would be helpful. Thank you.

momluvsmiles

Asked by momluvsmiles at 11:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you can send invites at 6 weeks, the earliest. Registering would be very tacky. People will bring what they feel is right. A lot of people might ask what you want and then you can tell them. You can return and exchange what you don't want.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would send out invites until at the earliest 4 weeks from the day of the party.

I think it would be extremely tacking to register him. I mean I am not a big fan of older kids registering for their party but when the parents are doing it I that's very tacky.

A little girl in my niece's class wrote "gift cards and cash only please" and we didn't allow her to go to the party. Later we found out several other parents felt the same way and only 3 kids out of 15 showed up to the party.

If people ask what he likes or needs tell them but don't register.
    Anonymous