Do toddlers running naked around the house learn faster to potty train?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It worked best for my dd! She was doing great at 23 months but dh started putting pull ups on her and that has seriously set her back!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I'm not sure, but a friend of mine did that and it worked for her. What works for someone else may or may not work for you. Good luck!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I believe so my now 5 year old I did that she was fully trained at 19 months my youngest to she was trained by 21 months would have been at 16 months, but she caught rotavirus so we had to stop for a couple weeks
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It did for my son. They can actually feel and see what is going on when naked and they don't have the option to go in their pants.
    Anonymous

• My experience with my son being naked (he's escaped out of the bathroom a couple of times) is that he pees anywhere he wants.. I fail to see why it would help.. However, i"ve also heard ith elps...
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Sorry, but having to deal with pee and poop messes is not worth it to me. I would just use pull-ups and let my child take her time. I'm not sure why we as parents are in such a rush when it comes to potty-training our children. Unless you are attempting to get your child is a preschool that requires your child to be potty-trained, what's the rush? Let your children enjoy being children.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was trained that way but not by my choice. She decided to take all of her clothes off every time she wanted to try and use the the potty. Once we started to really train her she was naked from the waist down and it only took a few times of her peeing down her leg to start using the potty. The only problem with this type of training, at least in my experience, is when you go to put undies on them it's like starting all over again. It took days before she would stop peeing in her undies and finally use the potty again. If I had to do it again I would just go straight to undies, no pullups and no naked training.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 1:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010