s/o off getting 'accidentally' pregnant

i see and agree with all the ladies saying that it's not right because they have a rocky relationship and all, but was just curious as to what you would all say in a different situation.

lets say the couples situation is ideal, they have a great relationship, own a house, 2 cars and have 3 kids (but not together) that they have full custody of, the only reason that they are waiting on having a baby is because the boyfriend/SO/husband wants to have nicer things (materialistic things), would you be more accepting of a woman getting 'accidentally' pregnant in that situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope. The husband could be just using that as an excuse and may not be ready yet. I don't see how anyone could ever do it and not feel guilty. Honesty is so important in a relationship.
    Anonymous

• no- if a woman has no children and doesn't want to miss her chance then I could see her looking to possibly do it without the unwilling husband (sperm donor or the like) but I don't condone women getting pregnant on purpose and calling it a accident.

But on the same note, I don't agree with men who try to claim they 'had nothing to do with it' or that it was 'her fault'. If they had sex with her, they knew there was a chance not matter what. And if they choose to have sex and leave all the birthcontrol responsibility on her, then he knew it could happen.
    If they didn't wear a condom, then I don't want to hear them whine about it.
    Anonymous

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 2:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• There are no such things as accidents

• sorry admckenzie.. there ARE such things as accidents. Birth control fails, people lose track of things and mistakes hapen!! My kids are both 'accidents.. but I love them anyways.

If the woman does it intentionally then it isn't an accident though. If she's not on b/c and he chooses not to use a condom then that isn't an accident either..

I don't really know what kind of answer your looking for.. but accidents happen.. its what you do afterwards that makes the difference (I think I missed the first question)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• When you put "accidentally" in quotes then you mean accidentally on purpose?

Nope. Not OK STILL. Two people have to be on board with the children thing 100% before they start having sex. If they aren't then they shouldn't be in the same bed, never mind anything else!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If it is an intentional "accident" then I would have to say she is in the wrong. I would never do that to my s/o. If he isnt ready (for whatever reason) then he isn't ready and it isn't fair to force that upon him regardless of the couples history and financial situation.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2010