How can I break my teeth out? literally

JK KINDA. So, I have had teeth problems my whole life. My mom had them, my syblings have them....and we all brush our teeth 2-3 times a day...floss ect. Well, mine are horrid. I am 23, and as of last week the dentist wants to cut 4 teeth out and like 3 more need crows ect. The 4 that need cut out are either broken in half (broke one on gum, and one on a hot dog, the other 2 sleeping) or broken off to my gums. They were completly hollow inside. My teeth hurt SOOOOOOOOOO bad. I have been dealing with a hurting mouth every single day for the last 5 years. Unless I was on pain killers for it. Right now the doctor has me on 10 mg of oxycodone every 4 hours!! I can go have these teeth cut out, and have more dental work done....and the chances of having to have more oral surgery are likely, OR I could just go get them all pulled out now and get dentures. My thinking on that is, 1 they would look better, 2 NO MORE pain!!!! cont......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Health

• OP.......AND i WONT have have to worry about it EVER again! What would you do? I dont want to get made fun of because I have dentures at 23, but I dont want to be miserable for the rest of my life either! What would you do?
    Anonymous

• ask about "ven-ears".. they are like plastic the mold to your teeth. my lil bro had those issues from decalsification and that fixed his by sealing them. honestly if you think you could be in pain for years of just pull them i would just pull them... but that is me. also if you rub an uncoated asprine on a broken tooth/cavity it will numb it for about 5 hours BUT dont lick it or you might puke it tastes terrible! best of luck to you.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My meme had that problem and she decided to get dentures (cuz shes older anyways) but she has never been happier in the way her teeth look now, she has alot more confidence and smiles alot more even though they are not her real teeth.
    Anonymous

• Do what is best for you, it does not matter what other people think. I don't know about taking them out your self, it could cause more damage, but if the dentist says they must go then they must.

I can honestly say in all the years I have been going to the dentist, I just found the one I love he is the best, no pain, and I mean none.

I have been going for 33 years now.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• LOL OP, Im not going to break my own teeth out lol. I will have a dentist pull them. I would do veniers or implants but that crap is expensive! dh is military and well........the dental kinda sucks!
    Anonymous

• My mom got upper dentures when she was like 21. I would say that she has had no real problems with them, except that now they don't fit so well. So, she needs new ones and she's afraid of the cost. I think that's her only real hang up about them.
    Anonymous

• It's not really all that uncommon. It's usually genetic or hereditary, or whatever word you would use. I think the most cost efficient method for you is dentures. I know in St. Louis, I see billboards for dentures for 99.00. Good luck and hang in there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My husband is 26 and on his way to getting dentures because he never had roots for adult teeth, so most of his teeth are still baby teeth and finally just wearing away. He'll probably slowly go from partial dentures to full. But he'll get his from the VA since he's a vet and that way it won't cost us an arm and a leg.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would go for the dentures. Chances are only the people close to you will know they are dentures anyways!!!
    Anonymous