Are there things to sacrifice in order to breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• like others have said, you continue on a very healthy lifestyle...diet, no caffeine, no alcohol...but for many this is not a sacrifice. some people fell very awkward or uncomfortable feeding in public, or in front of friends and family...then they may feel like they sacrifice their social lives to breastfeed.
    personally, i think it is easier than formula and bottles. the milk is always the perfect temperature, it is always wherever you are, no bottles to wash, usually no spitting up, usually no stinky gas, no stinky diapers,and it seems like the breast fed babies are healthier too, rarely have reflux, rarely get fevers and colds. the breast milk is exactly what the baby needs according to God.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If some tell you there is, then either they don't know what their talking about or never breastfed. So NO, there's nothing to sacrifice.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• YES your total freedom. UGH! NO way would I give up so much... that's what formula is for!!!
    Anonymous

• yes
    The way your eat.You may love something..but your baby wont.
    Your dry nipples
    Your freedom to go as you please.

BUT if you breastfeed PLEASE dont be the dumb mom who gets tattoos and piercings,smokes and drinks,Does drugs.JUST eat healthy...Offer your baby something GOOD not trash milk if your gonna do it.If you dont think you can dont..
    Anonymous

• ^^^^ I have breastfeed..if people tell you that you dont give up anything must have not had lives lol
    Anonymous

• yes, but these things don't seem too much like sacrifices to me and it depends on the stage as well. right now bfing is uncomfortable because I'm pregnant... thats a huge sacrfice. when my babies were little they didn't take bottles, so leaving them was either not an option, or it was shortened. also in the very vbeginning it felt the baby was nursingh nonstop... but even ff babies need to eat often :)
    also... my bras!!! I have the most difficult time finding good bras... i hate all of mine!!!! plus its hard to find the right side because my boobs are different sizes depending on what the age of my baby is.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• wow ...your freedom is more important than doing what you can for you're child's best health and well being???
    then why did you become a mom???
    Anonymous

• I gave up alcoholic drinks when I was breastfeeding, at least until my little ones started sleeping through the night and I knew it would be a number of hours before I would need to breastfeed again. Mine were never sensitive to anything I ate, although I've heard of moms giving up certain foods because it doesn't agree with their babies. And I could never stay away from my baby too long, at least without pumping - so there was that sacrifice too.
    But overall, it's really not that big of a sacrifice and it's only for a short time (I bfed mine for a year each). Plus it's great for the baby, and it helped me drop pregnancy weight!!

Answer by missanc at 1:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• liquor, smoking,,,,spicy food,, going away for too long...its up to you if it is worth it or not! It was for me
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• um yes. sleep, what you can eat and drink, time away from the baby. being able to diet to loose weight. medications you may need that would get into the milk. breastfeeding takes alot out of you. so yes breast feeding is a sacrafice , you need to decide if you are willing to make the sacrifce.. if not then don't.. I was willing but I was also very glad when they were finally weaned
    Anonymous