Is it fair to live off of someone else's money?

I see these people who want WEALTHY husbands? What? Do you not have the capability of working and earning your own money? YES Hollywood Celebs do it, but they are also WORKING. They earn their keep. How can anyone justify not working and living off of someone else? That, to me, would be the lowest scum of the earth... don't ya think? I think everyone needs to pull their own weight.. and NO I do not believe that moms staying at home are pulling their own weight. I worked FT and raised wonderful children... why can't you???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i just think that people who DON'T have the money and live on pa should think about what they are doing to the economy and everyone else. i guess this is a wonderful country if you get rewarded with cash, food, and housing just for being a bum. yes i said it a bum. now on the other hand women who work from home with the support of their husband are ok in my book AS LONG AS he wants and likes the situation too. if he doesn't and feels like he's struggling then buck up and get a job to help everyone out. and don't complain about day care and stuff bc there are ways around that and you knew day care was expensive BEFORE you had kids
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yes, as long as the person with the money doesn't mind.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If either my husband or my self made enough money so one of us could stay home, we would have opt, us raising the kids, rather then a day care, or grandpa/grandma.

Unfortunately, now a days one career/job does not always pay the bills. So that is where there is sacrafice. I am happy with the basic essentials, and good neighborhood. I don't need fancy stuff, and neither do my kids.

I am happy for you SAHM's I wish you the best, and trust me most of them go back to work when there kids are in school full time.
    Anonymous

• Your values are way out of skew if you think that money is the only way that a person can add value to a family.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Hun, my husbands money is just as mine as it is his, I chose to stay home and take care of my house and kids, if I hadn't he would have paid a lot more money for someone else to do what I do. It is not someone elses money, it is OUR money!
    Why couldn't I? because there was no need!!!!!!

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It's our money.  They aren't HIS bills.  They are OUR bills.  Even the ones in his name.  If he doesn't pay them they come after me.  I watch the kids so he can go to work and make money. If I didn't stay home a very LARGE portion of our earnings would go to child care. Why pay someone for something you can do yourself?  We aren't rich and I am capable of getting a job.  I just don't need to.  If we needed money I would work.  But we don't so I stay home.  Sounds like you are a jealous, judgmental, angry person.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• what an ignorant question!!!
    Anonymous

• I think it's more unfair to have two parents working and letting the daycare center raise your kid. I feel men are by nature providers and women nurturers. It's not always posible.  But if that is the life a woman wants then she should look for a man who can provide.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I work and I think nothing of people who live off of other people. I categorize this as a what bob eats question. What bob eats does not make me shit so why do I care? People are going to do whatever they think gets them through in this life and I am only trying to get myself through it as well.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• No, I don't believe in living off others. That said, I am a SAHM and I work, no matter what your opinion is. I'm also going to school and when I'm done will be making what my husband does if not more. We're not on assistance so we're not living off anyone else. I take care of our kids, house, budgeting, errands, and every other thing that has to be done. The fact is that me going to work and putting our kids in daycare would be so ridiculously expensive, there would be no point. I'm not handing my check over to a daycare center that I can't be certain would take care of my kids. We have done the math. Three quarters of my check would be gone. And not on food, healthcare or bills. My heart goes out to moms who have to use daycares but my life is not easy because I stay home. We struggle and I'm the one who sacrifices things. SAHM's are not criminals and really, your opinion counts for very little, OP.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2010