If black people don't like to be called the "n" word by white people, than why is it okay for them to be called the "n" word by eachother?

If you don't like it from a white person than why allow your friends and other black people to call you that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know. It's stupid. They say it's a brotherly thing and yet it's racist when I a white person calls them that. Stupid.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I don't agree with it, but I think the mentality behind it is kind of like family - you know your sister/cousin/uncle is an idiot and you call her/him that, but if anyone outside the family does it, you defend them. Know what I'm talking about? I think they look at it like that. But again, I don't agree with it. If one person saying it is racist/offensive, then all people saying it are racist/offensive, regardless of skin color.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Half of my family is white and the other is black I have never heard any of them call each other the n word. They would no more allow themselves to call each other that either.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Who says it is okay?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• this is why the "race" war will never end. if they can't respect their ownselves then why should anyone one return that favor. and believe me they can be just as racist as whites can.
    Anonymous

• I agree with tropicalmama... I think you got it just right!!
    Anonymous

• I just hate that word. I think they have turned it into slang because when they say it it means "my brotha" thats why they say it "my nigga" and not n-i-g-g-e-r. The N word doesn't mean black person. It means a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc. I had a white boyfriend once who called his former white boss the N word. In high school my black friend called our white principle the N word. Either way I just hate hearing it.
    Anonymous

• We do because we can, but you better not dare do it :0).. That's just the way it is. Get over it!!

Anonymous

• Ask a black person, all you are getting here is dumb responses from people who have no idea. If you are truly interested in understanding, ask one of your black friends if you have one.

Anonymous

-------------------------------
    This and if you have any black friends who use this word, then, my friend, maybe you should raise your social standards and find new friends. All black people do not use this word.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2010