i still have feelings for my ex!

he's a bad person. really bad. drugs, gangs, robbery, armed robbery, etc. we have a kid together (he wasnt this bad when i was with him).... and i just got off the phone with him- we were planning on the next supervised visit and yea- i miss him. i still have feelings for him.

but i've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now (the entire time- dad was absent until about a month ago). my BF has some trouble, but more financially than anything else- never been in jail, no drugs, nothing like that. he loves me and my child- treats us right.

i just dont know what to do :-( i know i shouldnt go back to my ex, but i still have those feelings, and i still want him. talking with him makes me happy- i laugh, all that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• he is an EX for a reason. please dont sugar coat it because he makes you laugh. its easy for him to seem attractive in a dreamy past non commited sense but come on. you have a good guy, treat him the way you would want to be treated and dont mess it up. the feelings youa re having for the ex? let it go-again he is an ex for a reason, dwell on that, not the giddy infatuation stuff.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i know. i think i'm still caught up on the perfect family for the child. biological mom and dad in a loving relationship, etc. i went from single for 2 years (after my ex), and then the next 2 years, in a relationship with my current guy, so its not like i didnt have time to "get over him"... how do i deal with it? what do i do? cuz either way, i still have to see him and he knows me- he can read my face- he'll know that i still like/want him. and i think he'll try to play it to his advantage.
    Anonymous

• girls like to feel like things "aren't that bad" till we are right back there. you are looking in from the outside and it isn't that bad. you like him and he seems like you two can work it out. you could just drop everything and... yeah, go inside and realize it is indeed hell.

girls love to conflict themselves (me being one of them). feel free to do what i do. i tell myself to stop being an over dramatic whore. (that is my exact wordage to myself, feel free to change it to what would work for you). i then spend a month cramming those thoughts and feelings that everyone on the face of the planet would agree is a BAD IDEA to the back wastelands of my mind. then i go about my day.

here, maybe this will help start the cramming process for you. how would you feel if mr. WRONG and you got together and him and his bad habits got your child taken away? not worth it!
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Sorry but you are nuts if you go back, he is an ex for a reason!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2010