Babysitting Reference

My friend's college age daughter just asked me if she could use me as a babysitting reference. She is kinda heavily medicated and - well, zoned out, as I remember. She is a nice girl, though. She only babysat once or twice, for a few hours. How do I politely, well, what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Did she do a good job babysitting your kids?
    Just answer what is asked. You may want to ask her about her medication usage though if she is applying for a babysitting position. And if she is so "medicated" as you say, WHY did you let her babysit for you in the first place? I'm not asking to be all snarky or anything, so please please please don't take that the wrong way.
    Good luck
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I didn't know at the time - someone popped in while she was sitting and told me later - plus my kids were older. her dad was a close neighbor.
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• O ok. Well you may want to mention it to the person who's calling you for said reference. I mean like if I interviewed her to take care of my son I know I would want to know. Have you maybe tried to ask this girl about her being medicated? Or maybe asked her father about it?
    I'm not sure if I would use her again to babysit. But like you said, your kids are older and maybe you just need a warm body there in case something happens. I would certainly hide any medications and alcohol while she was over though. I'm just saying. Like I mentioned above, I'm not trying to be snarky or mean or anything. Hope this works out for you though.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2010