Would you rather babysit or work outside the home for money?

I am a SAHM that needs, not wants, to go back to work. I am toying with babysitting but don't know if it's right for me. Any opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Chances are you'll make more money working outside the home than babysitting.  But babysitting might be an option while you look.

My business group Mommy Movers and Shakers just added a forum for moms looking to go back to work.  Check us out at www.cafemom.com/group/movers

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I babysat when my son was little, but, it didn't pay enough for me to live on my own. I had to get a batter paying job once my son was older. I wish i could stay home and babysit again. I loved it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I am a nanny to 3 young kids and I love it. I make double what I did at a desk job. You just have to find a good family to work for. Try looking at Care.com in your area and see if you find any good ones!
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Work outside of the home. I need a break from the kids sometimes, and babysitting does not give me a break...
    sunnieday

Answer by sunnieday at 12:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Here are some ideas. click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If those were my only choices, I would go back to work in a heartbeat! I'm not a sitter! I don't do well with other peoples kids!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• NEITHER... I did the in-house care bit, totally draining and long...and Ive done other things too, but the best thing Ive done yet earns me more money now it a legitimate company that is BBB A+ rated, NYSE publicly traded supported by the US Chamber of Commerce ...in fact the PRESIDENT OF THE US Chamber of Commerce spoke at out Convention this weekend and even spoke to the fact that he believes THIS IS THE BEST opportunity out there and the explosion of growth that is coming and happeneing is going to make thousands of people very wealthy...see for yourself here at my Private Business reception:

http://www.pplonlinetools.com/video.php?uid=meimmuk06u26ai6e

and contact me ...I can help you even further
    Christine 908-230-0174 ChristineF32@gmail.com
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I'd rather do Neither I have had my own home business for 4 yrs now and I love being able to be there
    for my family and still have money coming in. Good Luck in whatever you decide :-)

~Linda
    www.Lindashomecareer.com
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 12:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2010