my crisis of faith-anyone want to help?

I am a christian but i struggle with one thing-child abuse and molestation. wht does God allow it to happen? I understand man has free will, and thats why the molester/abuser does it-but what about the innocent child? what about their free will?
and if God is an all powerful, almighty God-why? why would this even "be"? It is the single thing that prevents me from completely letting go and living in faith. aqnd please while I appreciate responses and scripture-if you dont know please just say that too! at least I wont be the only one wondering why...thanks ladies and know this is in no way disrespect-i just struggle so much with it and want to hear some input and opinions on it.

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 12:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dear Jen,

My heart goes out to you. I don't have answers, but lots of compassion, as we've been victims, too. It is pure wickedness, and I know God does not take it lightly. Know you are not alone, and that I hurt because you do. God be with you, and give you peace that passes understanding. I know he says vengeance is his. Pity the ones who hurt children. Reckoning day won't be pleasant for them, and will have them wishing for a millstone. That's what the Bible says. Can't imagine what everlasting torment would be like.

God be with you through the dark times. If you ever want to chat, I'm around.

Love you, my sister,
    Anne
    last-minute-mom

Answer by last-minute-mom at 8:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I am not going to quote scripture but I am going to say this I have been raped and molested and sometimes you just have to get mad. I do not know why god would let this happen or if there is a reason. But you can get mad write about it and use this experience to make you strong. Sometimes easier said then done but a step in the right direction would be to join a support group it helped me.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I'll just say this It can be used and you can take the good out of it. I have been raped and though I don't want it to ever happen to any one else, because it is horrible and you never fully get over it. I still have bad days and today is one, but at the same time I have been able to help others who are going through it right now. I can help let them know it not their fault and that they are strong. I would take all their bad feeling if possible but since I can't I try and help ease the pain as best I can.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I wanted to add.... there are many unjust things that happen because we have free will. God does not force anything on anyone, for instance, my husband is not a Christian, and God will not force Himself on my husband. I know that there have been many things in my life that have been hurtful and hard ot get through. I asked God why these things happen and the only answer I have recieved was to just lean on His love and perfect comfort. When I did that there was healing. and my heart softened, even toward the people that hurt me deeply. God is a God of transformation. He may allow things to happen, but He also offers healing. God does NOT cause these things to happen, lets make that clear. He grieves with us, has compassion for us, so much that His only Son had to die on the cross. And I have been hurt many times and have been transformed many times, and my heart has changed and these experiences has always brought goodness
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• read psalm 23, Isaiah 57:14, Isaiah 61 (I love this one),
    Throughou the bible... epecially in Psalms, even Lamantations, Job, there are these questions to God like yours, why doe sthis happen to me God? and hardly is there an answer for them, except in Job, but Always do they understand that God does comfort, He will have justice,, He does have mercy, compassion etc. It always goes back to who God is.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I guess it comes down to the fact that God is willing to let us choose for ourselves completely - and just because man isn't as compassionate, isn't as loving, doesn't mean that God isn't. People choose to do bad things, that's their choice, their action. And one day they will have to answer for it. He won't force Himself on any of them, because He doesn't interfere in free will - if He did it wouldn't be free will, would it? The fact that there are people who abuse their free will, or who infringe upon the will of others, though, is on them, its not on God. In order for us to have our free will all those people have to as well. Not to mention that if He DID go around monitoring how people use their free will it wouldn't allow people to come to Him in their own time, because they would see evidence of Him that they cannot deny, and I do believe that the choice really does matter to Him...
    That's the short version of it....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Things happen to humans on Earth, everyday, in everyway. Whether or not a person chooses to go through it all with or without God is totally up to them. The absence of God doesn't make more bad things happen and the Presence of God doesn't make less things happen, for some He just makes life easier to live and worth living. No sin can be listed as worse than another sin, sin is sin and it occurs. Perfection can only be seen in the people who help in the moment of crisis when it occurs rather than concentrating on the bad continually or the sinful.
    Read up on the bio of Joyce Meyer and her interpretation of how and why it happened to her.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I have been raped , and I have been molested. I can also tell you that these things drive me to be more loyal to Yahweh, because through them I was able to be saved. Meaning after years and years of suffering, guilt, hate, and despair; Yahweh proved to me that through his son all of that suffering is taken away. With enlightenment of who is truly behind everything perverse and wicked I am able to forgive those who have wronged me, and I have been given a voice and testimony for those who suffered as I have to let them know that there is hope for a life they felt they would never be able to attain with Yahweh through the Messiah. Anytime I hear or read about these cases it makes the hate I have for the enemy grow, and my determination to help those suffering by glorifying the Father stay in focus. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I can only suggest reading the book "the shack".
    Satan rules Earth some say.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• oh yes!!! that is a great book!!!!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010