Just wondering!! (VACACTION)

So me and my husband are going on vacation together and we will be gone for 7days thats the longest that I've ever left my almost 17 month old, I keep thinking is it bad we are leaving her behind and will she be happy to see us when we get back. I keep thinking when we get back to get her she will reach out for her grandma and not me. Just wanting to know what you think about this. I know its good for us to get sometime away together cause it maybe the last time we go somewhere by ourselves for a long long time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think 7 days is a very long time to a 17 month old. I would leave mine for 2, maybe 3 days at the most but never 7! I almost can't stand it when my 8, 10, and 12 year olds are at their dad's for a week. I trust my mom implicitly with my kids, but I would miss them way too much to stay away that long - especially from my 16 month old! I think some time away is good for couples - my husband and I are planning a weekend away just the two of us before my baby is born in July but I could never do a week.

Answer by missanc at 1:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I never left my kids before. She will probably be fine, but I wouldn't do it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• As long as she is comfortable with her care taker, then you're fine. Children this age are very adaptable and as long as she's loved, she'll be fine. Enjoy your vacation with your husband.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010