Getting baby to eat more foods..

Okay, so here is my confusion.. my dd is 9.5 months and I am having a hard time getting her to be interested in foods. All of a sudden she wants formula like it is going out of style. She is still drinking bottles every 3 hours. I have a pamphlet that says she only needs like 16 oz of formula at her age, but she is drinking well over. Should I just follow her lead, or start introducing different foods and giving her less bottles? Thanks in advance for your advice!! =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 9 month old who refused to eat baby food since the introduction at about 5 months old. He's been eating pretty much what we eat since about 5 1/2 months old and has been doing great, he eats alot of veggies, fruit, mac and cheese and some meats, have you tried table food yet? With Nathan it was about texture and taste, he wouldn't even eat the baby fruit. He also still has about 4 8oz bottles during the day.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Formula/breastmilk should remain the primary nutrition until one year. Formula first, then foods is what is currently recommended. I don't know about the only 16 ounces; I read it was closer to 24-32 ounces of formula/breastmilk.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• 16 ounces doesn't sound like enough. Let the baby have more formula.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• She can be eating regular food not baby food. If you are giving jar food that may be why she isn't eating.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Here is a website that says your baby can have up to 32 oz.

http://life.familyeducation.com/formula-feeding/baby/39374.html

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My baby has been eating table food since she was 7 months old and does great. She is currently 10 months old and takes about 24 - 28 oz of formula a day with 3 meals. Last night for dinner she had some turkey, noodles, sweet potato fries, roll, brocolli and a couple bites of my corn. She loves to feed herself and eat from a fork....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2010