I naturally have dark brown hair ( with a little gray peeping through). How can I lighten it up a little bit?

I'm not talking blond, just a shade or two lighter than it is now. What is a good box dye that I can use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• They have highlights and low lights for dark hair
    Anonymous

• honestly most box colors are pretty good, but i would use the one's with the highlights that you brust through and leave on for a couple of minutes after you color it so it looks more natural. also schools are pretty cheap to get your hair done at. where i go to school it's 50 for color and highlights
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Be very careful when lightening dark hair! I am a hairstylist, and honestly for almost the same price as a box color you can go to the local beauty school and have it done,,,,box color has high ammonia and is pretty harsh on the hair,,if you must use a demi-permanent that wil give it shine in a couple of shades lighter than your natural, it is only going to lift a bit, but should hide the greys and be less harsh, good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• use soem lemon juice go out side..dont dye it
    frankiebacon

Answer by frankiebacon at 2:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I have dark brown hair and have used Feria - it gives me a lot of highlights throughout my hair and looks great!

Answer by missanc at 3:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• my dd is a hair dresser also and says it is easier to darken than lighten..she did a womans hair the other day ...she had done her own hair and of course it turned red....the boxes of highlights are the best.my dd said also to use something like a rinse...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• oh my goodness ..sorry not trying to be offensive.. but lemon juice is bad idea for dark brown hair unless you want it to be pumpkin orange it would work for light ash brown hair with no red highlights, but not for dark brown hair. I know this.. my mother was hair dresser for 40 years and we both have dark brown hair. I use natural instincts semi-permanent by Miss Clairol it is easy to use and fads away gradually so you don't have roots showing up when it starts to grow out. I have also had my hair highlighted.. it lasted for a long time and the grey didn't show.

Anonymous

• lemon juice and sunshine. =) works great! =) I have been playing with my hair for YEARS with lemon juice and it has never had a funky orange color.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• use red flower leaves for natural block hair
    angel.angel

Answer by angel.angel at 4:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• red flower leaves is better for natural block hair.try it
    angel.angel

Answer by angel.angel at 4:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2010