What to do next?

I have been baby sitting for 10 yrs. And now I am ready to do something different but what?
My kids are in school and I am a SAHM it has been so long since I last worked with the public I just don't feel comfortable in that area yet... any suggestions where to start? Thank you ladies ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Maybe working for a school in your area? One of the ladies who monitors recess at my daughters school (along with many other tasks) ran an in-home daycare for about 15 years. When she got tired of that, she went to work for the school.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 2:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• There are lots of other options for work at home jobs. Just never pay for a "job", I'm sure you already knew that. List of free good ones at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Why not be your own boss...I own my own business for a company that is 38 years old and reputable and BBB A+ rated, NYSE publicly traded, and the President of the US CHamber of commerce publicly endorses it! INFACT HAS A MEMBERSHIP HIMSELF!!
    THey have been written up 8 consecutive years by FORBES and just last fall rated #66 of the top 200 small businesses in the US to work for!
    Watch this Private Business Reception of mine and then get in touch with me with any and all questions you have...We are about to have a 55% explsion of business and help.

http://www.pplonlinetools.com/video.php?uid=meimmuk06u26ai6e

Christine 908-230-0174
    ChristineF32@gmail.com
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    This what I do for social interaction. I too am a WAHM. This is how I socialize with adults. I've made tons of friends, and it's gotten me out in the public work. You may think about going to school to get an idea and training for something new.
    USCareerInstitute.com is a great school that you can do all from home. Very affordable. I received my med trans certificate from there as well as Pharm tech. I went ahead and did my schooling for something else to do when my kids go to school. But I will always continue with Scentsy. It's a great company and I've made some good money with it.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 4:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Hi.. I've developed a website for people that aren't sure what they would like to do exactly so if you want to check it out you can visit www.ideastoWorkatHome.com
    also, for more of a home job then visit http://2d53f9n7jm3abym3yhifqa0o9f.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=CAFEMOM

good luck
    imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 5:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Sit down and make a list of your job skills. Don't forget to use ones you've used while babysitting like dealing with clients and money management.

Feel free to join my business group Mommy Movers and Shakers. We just added a forum for moms looking to go back to work. Check us out at www.cafemom.com/group/movers
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If you are serious about making money and having your freedon click here, only if you are serious please.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I'd go with my strengths. Since you've done babysitting so consistantly I'd ask for references from former clients. I'd look into nursery school jobs, or teacher's aids, or daycare work. Or if you want to work with older folk you could try for home health aid or with some specific training CNA in a nursing home or assisted living place. With all those years of experience you probably already have a ton of patience and the ability to handle more than one thing at once.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 10:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Hey I am not sure what your looking for but I work at home and love it. Check out http://www.internetceomoms.com/westfamily
    Request more info and I will personally call you to give you quick lil bit of info...NO PRESSURE AT ALL!!!
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2010