baby aspirin

how long did you continue with baby aspirin during your pregnancy as per the doctor's advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never. You're not supposed to use aspirin at all when you're pregnant or on a child. It thins the blood. Tylenol is the only OTC med you can take. Unless you have actual problems that aspirin was prescribed for, you shouldn't take it. And if the doctor did prescribe it, then you should be taking it until the doc tells you to stop, not asking strangers.
    Anonymous

• baby aspirn is often recommend by your doctor if you had preeclapsia or a like problem is a previous pregnancy. It should only be taken under doctors orders. So you need to talk to your doctor about it. I will be asking my doctor if baby aspirn is an option this pregnancy because i had severe preeclapsia last time.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 2:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I took baby aspirin daily during both of my pregnancies per my doctor's orders. I have a blood clotting disorder so I needed something to thin my blood. I was told to stop taking it 2 weeks before my due date.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I took low dose aspirin all along and will continue to probably for the rest of my life, since it wasn't needed only for my pregnancy. I was also on Heparin during my pregnancy, so I had to go off of both right before my amnio and induction. You'll want to ask your doctor about the timing. The one thing you will want to be aware of is that it can sometimes make the baby's liver not able to break down bilirubin as soon as it normally would, so it's more likely that your baby will be jaundiced. I didn't find that out until after the fact.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2010