Cooking for 150...ideas?

I need to cook for 150 people. I dont really want to do pasta, because others that are cooking for this amount I am sure will be making some sort of pasta dish and I want to make sure that I bring something different . Any ideas on what I can make? Maybe mini pork sliders...but Im looking for other yummy ideas!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• cucumber slices with cream cheese and smoked salmon bites--topped with a little dill...super yummy if you need something bite sized and pretty easy to mass produce
    Anonymous

• Meatballs?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Chicken drumsticks. Cheap, easy to marinade or sauce, and delicious.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would make BBQ pork. It's easy and inexpensive and feeds an army!
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Gumbo and rice

It's cheap, you can make it ahead and freeze it, it's in 1 pot, it's easy to clean up and transport http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/spicy-chicken-gumbo/

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Personally, I would hire a caterer. Otherwise, I would go with fingerfoods, chili, pasta. Something that a little will go a long way. It also depends on what the party is for.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Enchiladas... the casserole kind. you can start to prepare them a few days in advance and keep them in the fridge them cook them that moning. Thats what i do for family gathering.. yes I have a HUGE family lol
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 6:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Hashbrown casserole, easy cheap, and everyone loves it. Make it in foil pans.....or even in crockpots.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• What about a baked potato bar with a green salad? That's what my husband and I did for our wedding reception and we also bought tortilla chips and nacho cheese so people could make their own nachos as well.
    jnthrln

Answer by jnthrln at 6:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• What is the occasion?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2010