My 10 month old son is teething, his front tooth was through now its swollen around it and has pus..

Soon2BeMomma08

Asked by Soon2BeMomma08 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he have any sores around his gums or other areas in his mouth, hands or feet?? My dd had that happen and she caught hand, foot and mouth disease! It looked like her teeth had broken off inside her mouth because of how swollen her gums were, I took her to see the dr and the gave me meds to give her 3x's a day for 2 weeks and everything was back to normal! I would take him in just to be sure something isn't wrong! Hope he gets better soon!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• no he's just got swollen gums around his top left tooth, nothing else. He did have a fever the last couple days but i thought nothing of it because he is teething, but today i looked at now he has pus around it, I'm thinking its pus, he's still happy and everything but I'm not sure if i should take him to the dr or a dentist...
    Soon2BeMomma08

Answer by Soon2BeMomma08 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Usually your doctor can check their teeth until they are two. If he thinks he needs to see a denist the doc will send him. are you sure its pus because sometimes a baby's gums will turn a little white where the tooth comes in.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 2:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010