potty training question

I've taken the leap and put dd into underwear. She just turned 2 and I was advised by you ladies to just go cold turkey. Here I am! So...do you also have them nap and go to bed in underwear? right away? if not, when? maybe nap and not bedtime? and how do you clean them up after they only pee? I mean obviously you can give them a bath but if I bathed dd every time she's bound to have an accident, it would tear her skin up. She's very sensitive and actually her ped. fussed at me for not putting her on a special skin regimine so I'm sure as heck not going to dry her out...but I also don't want her to have urine on her. She's only had one tiny accident in 24 hours (WOOT!) and I used wet-wipes to clean her up. Still, is there a better way? Any extra tips or tricks as I go down this road are helpful!

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 2:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would do undies for the nap and diapers at night. Just cleaning her with a wipe is fine, but make sure to give her a bath at night. Giver her a ton of praise. Congrats, it sounds like it's going well!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My only real tip, don't stick her in pull-ups unless it's bedtime! I did that with my dd after she was doing so well and now we're struggling for her to remember the difference between a pullup and panties!!!! Dd does pee during her nap (like a minute before she actually wakes up) but I try to wake her up to put her on the potty. For cleanup, we use wipes too.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Make sure she uses the restroom before a nap & bed time & as soon as she wakes up take her to the potty. For naps leave her underwear on & when she goes to bed for the night use pull ups. after u notice that she is doing good at night start putting on her underwear for bed time. as far as for cleanning up the wipes are good or u can also use a wet wash cloth. My DD was fully potty train w/ in a week or so.
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 12:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2010