Thoughts on Government assistance.

I think there are too many people on public aide that do not deserve it. I believe states need to drug test all applicants before they receive aide. I do not support people having aide and using all of their money for their drugs and alcohol. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• aide isnt just cash.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• OP HERE- I get that but if you can afford to buy yourself drugs and alcohol you should be buying your own groceries.
    Anonymous

• as long as the kids are taken care of i dont give a sh*t. maybe you should care a little less. and no, im not on it!
    Anonymous

• well, not everyone who gets aid drinks booze or takes drugs! You are making a LOT of ASSumptions, OP! The last thing that anyone who is in a hard spot (through NO fault of their own) needs is some sanctimonious, holier-than-thou type making broad assumptions about what kind of people they must be if they are receiving ANY type of aid.

But, just to play along with you, about half of the population is receiving some sort of aid. Just how would accomplish this goal to drug test each and every one of them? And, since the whole household benefits, can I assume you also want to test every single person in each one of these households? Tell me exactly HOW you would do this?

I think this is a stupid idea. I think you don't have the first clue what it involves to receive any type of government aid. I think you need to worry about yourself more, and about others less. Better yet, start a business & hire some of them!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Trolllllololololololol
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Lots of thoughts here.

Anonymous

• i think they need to actually figure out how much money they have. i know a girl that lives with her bf and he makes 30/hr while she gets 700/month for kids that aren't his in fs. it's not right bc HIS income should cover all of that. and if he thinks he shouldn't have to pay for food for those kids then he shouldn't have got with that woman that won't work. it's not the state's fault though either bc they abuse the system and they don't have the manpower to handle it all.
    Anonymous

• I think there are too many people on public aide that do not deserve it.

The average length of time people collect PA is 15 months. The largest group of recipients is over 65. The next largest group is permanently disabled and/or terminally ill. Rounding out 3rd place is teen mothers (meaning, by virtue of being "teen" mothers they haven't been alive and a parent long enough to qualify as having "milked the system for years", if they are no longer teenagers they no longer count towards that group). Between those 3 groups you've accounted for over half of all recipients. The 4th largest group are working poor families who are employed but still receive state health care for their children, daycare assistance, occasionally FS. The tiny minority are lifers in the very few states that allow it. So of those 4 groups, which ones have you decided don't deserve it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• clapping@ NotPanicking

29again

Answer by 29again at 3:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• clappingway to godancingNotPanicking

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2010