My husband is mad at me. Was I wrong?

He works ALL the time - he only spends MAYBE 2 hours per night with the kids. We got into it, and I told him he doesn't raise the kids, I do, since I'm home with them. Was I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that was mean.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If I was your husband-I'd leave and let you see how you really raise the kids on your own.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 2:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yes maybe you should get a job then he could have more time with them
    Anonymous

• If he didn't work would you be able to stay home and "raise" the kids (which I am assuming you do)---you know money and work is a big deal...and 2 hours a night is a good chunk of time. So honestly I think you are wrong.
    Anonymous

• You were right to be sad about his being away so much, but this is the way it is for many people. What I did was to try to have my husband and children interact during those times that he was home. And I never was critical of him, since to his mind he was working hard and supporting us all. But I did mention lightly that it would be nice if he could spend more time with the children.

Answer by Bmat at 2:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• by "assuming you do" I mean you actually spend time with the kids all days
    Anonymous

• that was just mean. its not like he wants to not spend time with the kids. he has to provide for them. he contributes just as much as you do. i would apologize asap.
    Anonymous

• Yes! Would you get mad if he told you that you couldn't ever buy anything it is his money? it is the same thing.
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 2:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• You probably could have voiced your frustration better then to tell him he doesn't raise his kids. I wouldn't say that was the most horrible thing you could ever do to him, but an apology would probably work here!
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with staci...my dh works nights and barely gets to see the kids. But I try and make sure they get to at least see him and spend some time with dad. Even if it's to let them get up on the bed and snuggle with him while he's sleeping. I know how hard he works for us, I'm a SAHM, actually a step-mom at that, they are his from his first marriage.

So yeah, it was rather a bad thing to say, I mean at least he's got a job, you know? I have 2 BIL's that are living with MIL because neither of them can find anything.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2010