If as Americanswe are willing to pay illegal immigrants, are we willing to pay stay at home moms also?

Wages for SAHM

Asked by MomSmiley at 12:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Money & Work

• uhm is this a serious question?

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• uhm is this a serious question?

• What we don't pay illegal immigrants unless they are out working. The stay at home moms are screwed like all the other stay at homes. Educate before speaking please

Answer by ilovemybananer at 12:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• she means some sort of government assist program, and America does indirectly pay illegals by accomadating them with services in their language instead of english and public school classes for their children that don't speak english

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I want pay...with bonuses..,vacation, health care,,make that paid vacation...and a raise every month...

Answer by TotallyTart at 12:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• As far as paying stay at home moms... my kiddos the other day was asking about that. They were very distressed to find out that no one pays me for all my work! They were cleaning out their piggy banks to give me all they had and yet "couldn't get enough". But what I do know and what I told them, is that just knowing that my kids are SUCH good kids is enough for me, and I didn't need to get paid. And really, us stay at home moms are that by choice, and so if we want to get paid, sure, we could go get jobs, but I know for myself that me being the one that raises my kids is more important than getting paid.
    LOL, and I agree with you TotallyTart! LOL Sounds GREAT!

Answer by jhg374 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Many of those people are legal, most illegal immigrants do not take advantage or cannot take advantage of public assistance because they are afraid or will be deported. If you went and looked it up you would see that most researches agree that illegal immigrants do a lot for America such as cheap labor, economic help, etc. Since you cannot do an actual study because you cannot do a census on immigrants no one really knows. Since many illegal immigrants cannot or do not use public assistance but do cheap labor, buy groceries, pay taxes on items they do not cost as much as we think if at all. Just because they are hispanic does not mean they are illegal remember you can not tell if someone is illegal by looking at them!

Answer by ilovemybananer at 12:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Go to my site here and SEE the truth about what 20 million ILLEGAL immigrants cost ALL americans EACH year!! It's the TRUTH and it's ALL checkable and proveable FACTS. If people had to pay stay at home Mom, our average salary would be 6 figures!!!

Answer by vbruno at 12:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• illegal immigrants can't get any kind of goverment aid. you must have a social # and a birth certificate to qualifiy.

Answer by mexicu at 1:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Ya know, I just can not STAND people that try to make excuses for illegals. They come to this country and have kids, they use our hospitals, and they get benefits that we AMERICANS or even those with a visa arent able to get. They take jobs that people in our country need, they dont pay taxes, and when was the last time you saw any of them getting deported??

I agree, if we are going to give ILLEGALS these rights then why dont we as SAHM's get some sort of benefit? We are raising our children to be future leaders of America, being a mom is the hardest job there is. Yes, seeing their smiling faces is payment enough, but its hard to think about that when your trying to pay the bills.

And for the love of god, if you are going to live in the country speak english, I shouldnt have to learn a new language to go to subway!!

Answer by tgiamt at 1:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2008