seperation anxiety!!help please

my son is 11mo. i stay home with him and the longest hes ever been way from me is maybe 2hours when i went to dinner, he stayed with daddy, but other than that hes with me all day n nite. last week my friend and i joined a gym and they have child care. we've went a total of a week now and my son screams bloody murder the whole time. we are never there more than a hour, and he cries the whole time. hes also gotten to where if he gets mad or another kid is messing with him he will hit them on the head or face!!
I deseperatly need advice on over coming seperation/stranger anxiety and acting out. Also, alot of the time when we are home and its my husband and i and baby he doesnt want daddy because hes used to being with me all day....hes almost 1 and weve got to get this under control asap!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal for an 11 mo to want to be with his momma. Group care with strangers is no place for a little one. Get a video and work out with your baby, buy used equipement from craigslist or yard sales, walk with your baby in a backpack, or do something that includes your baby. Your baby needs you for a short time and you will have the rest of your life to go to the gym.

It's also normal for babies this age to not want to have much to do with their dads. This is not something to get under control. It is something to understand and to be sensitive and understanding about.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i understand that he needs his mommy and he has my undivided attention. but he also needs to gain some independence and understand that even if mommy isnt in the room that he will be ok. espically when he starts preschool, i want him to enjoy it.
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I say give it a little more time.. I am a daycare provider and children that small do take a little while to get use to being in a different place other than with Mama.... He will get use to it and it shouldn't be much longer, it should start to get easier..... When You drop him off don't make over him and "feel sorry" for him because that will just make him keep acting like that longer.. When he sees your happy and it's ok then he will starting seeing that it is ok!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010