How long does it take to fall in love?

To make a long story short, I am a single mom, past ready to settle down, been dating a guy for almost two months and already feel myself falling for him.
I don't think that my circumstances are causing these feelings because I've dated other guys that I just did not like. I really like this guy.
So I was wondering, how long does it take, or how long should it take, to fall in love?

rain408

Asked by rain408 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• If you've been getting to know him for a couple months and you feel you're falling in love, then I think you are. You may want to hold off on any declarations for another couple months, though. You probably have more to learn about him first.
    Anonymous

• it took me knowing a man 2 yrs, and going out once to realize i was head over heals, maddly, deeply in love with him.
    Anonymous

• I knew the first night I talked to him on the phone. It was a 6 hour convo. We were married 9 mo later (No i was not preggo) we have been married for 10 years with 3 great kids. Love happens on its time and noone elses. It can grow over time or happen in a moment.
    Perfection1908

Answer by Perfection1908 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• OH and i was POSITIVE after the 2nd month that hw was my one.
    Perfection1908

Answer by Perfection1908 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I fell in love the first night I met my ex boyfriend, I know it sounds crazy but I still love him to this day....
    Anonymous

• as corny as it sounds.....i fell in love with my hubby of 22 years in a matter hours...
    good luck!
    racingirl

Answer by racingirl at 3:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• to fall in love? seconds. to make a love work? a lifetime.

give this guy some more time- i'm sure that he has the same feelings that you do too, but give it a few more months before confirming anything.. and make sure you know his "bad" side too. EVERYONE has a bad side. if you blind yourself to it now, you wont be able to work through it at a later date.

side note: my friend's parents met on a friday night. by that sunday, they were engaged and ready to walk down the isle... 34 years later, they are STILL married with 6 kids and 2 grandkids.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 3:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I've been married before, more than once, but every time I thought it was love it wasn't. So I have no clue.
    Anonymous

• Not sure true love even exists
    Anonymous

• When i meet my boyfriend it was a matter of hours that i starting fall in love. yea, it sounds weird I know. But i just fell hard and fast when normally i didnt. So i think it depends on the person.
    firstbaby186

Answer by firstbaby186 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2010