Any recipes for potato soup?

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 3:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I buy a potatoe soup mix at kroger... Bear creek is the name of it I think. It's cheader (sp) potato. I ad some ham broccoli and a few extra potatos to it. YUM! :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 4:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Peel & dice 6 medium sized potatoes (white or russets). Cover with water at least 1 inch above potatoes in a large pot. Add any amount diced ham and about 1/4 c. sauteed diced onion. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender. Add enough chicken or ham instant boullion to taste. Add about 1/2 -1 c. milk/cream/evaporated milk and serve.

I also add 1 to 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels.

This soup is great with apple spice muffins.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Do you have any ham?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• This is a holiday left overs potato soup-- it's potato corn chowder made with the left overs from your thanksgiving dinner. You can also use easter dinner left overs (the ham you have frozen).or omit the meat for a veggie version.

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/11/29/turkey-chowder/

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My sister's potato soup recipe, it's the best (she doesn't use measurements and spices are different ever time. Use what ever looks good to you, sorry)

fry bacon in pot, remove. Wash and chop up potatoes (peel optional), dice one or two very small so they will disintegrate and thicken the broth. Chop carrots and onions. Put vegetables in pot with chicken broth, salt pepper garlic powder, and any other seasoning you want. Towards end of cooking add bag of frozen broccoli tops, and milk. Serve with fried bacon, and mozzarella cheese.

EmmasMom0305

Answer by EmmasMom0305 at 5:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

•  I wish you there was an edit button. I forgot to add celery to the vegetables.

EmmasMom0305

Answer by EmmasMom0305 at 5:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Whatever you put on a baked potatoe is what you throw in. That was my inspiration for making my potato soup. I add sour cream and about 1/4 block of cream cheese, chicken broth, butter, diced turkey bacon, chives, spices, and sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on top. Really bad on the thighs though. Yes a potato inspired me. How corny.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I don't use a recipe. Use either a pot or a slow cooker. Saute a couple of thinly sliced leeks in butter and olive oil. Add four cups of vegetable broth and peeled and diced yukon gold potatoes (You can add other vegetables, like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower). Simmer until potatoes are soft. Mash potatoes in pot (I use an immersion blender. Season to taste. Serve with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar and a spoonful of plain yogurt or sour cream. Don't eat until the second day.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2010