Did you gain more weight when ....

pregnant with a daughter or son??
we didnt find out what the new baby will be and I haev gained 20lbs less this time than the first 2. Lots of ppl have been saying they gained less when they had a girl, just wondering if that is a common thing??

mandieo

Asked by mandieo at 3:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i gained about the same with my boy and my girl but, i carried it differently. i was all belly with my boy and.....all over with my girl.
    good luck!
    racingirl

Answer by racingirl at 3:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My SIL gained the same with each. I gained 33lb with my first a girl and with my second gained 19lbs and she was a girl. Time I have lost 10lbs only in my first trimester. So I don't konw what it is. I also carried different with both my girls. Low and all around with my first. With my second I carried high and out front. So I really don't believe in those wives tales people say.
    Anonymous

• I have 3 boys and 1 girl - I've gained less than 20 lbs with each pregnancy. I'm 26 weeks with a girl and I've gained 5 lbs. I gained the least with my 2nd son (15 lbs).

Answer by missanc at 4:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• with my DD i gained almost 40LBs and was all baby with my son kept losing weight and in the end only gained 16LBS in all
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I have gained 45 pounds so far and I am pregnant with a girl
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• hmm so much for that theroy i guess, lol thanks everyone. Im carrying the same as before, everyone keeps saying its different but they did that for the second one too, i guess they just use that as a way to back up their guess of it being a girl.
    mandieo

Answer by mandieo at 10:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2010