If you are a foster mom, do you celebrate mothers day?

We are currently fostering children due to not being able to conceive and wanting a family so we are fostering to adopt. I'm also a stepmom. But if you were just a foster mom, would you celebrate mothers day? Or not? My husband wants to and in all honesty, it makes me uncomfortable because even though, we have two children in our home, ages 11 months and 3 years, I am not their bio mom, even if I adopt them later. So should we go out to eat to celebrate or no? What do you do if you foster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• im not a foster mom nor a stepmom but i see no harm in giving yourself a day..blood doesnt make a parent and im sure you work just as hard as the rest of us to our bio kids...go celebrate you deserve it
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Are you their nanny? Are you their babysitter? No! You are their foster MOM. That means that you are doing every single thing that a bio mom would do. Do you love them even though you didn't give birth to them? Do you take care of them when they are sick and scared? Of course you deserve to celebrate Mother's Day!! You ARE a mom!!!
    Anonymous

• I was adopted and my mom celebrated mothers day. You are still a mom. If a step mom or adoptive mom can then so can you.  Being a mom has nothing to to with giving birth.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Celebrate...You may not have given birth but you are still a mom. Giving birth does not a mother make.
    Anonymous

• I was a foster child and nothing gave me more pleasure than honoring the woman who accepted me into her home and took care of me.
    Mother's day is not just for birth mothers, it is a day of honor and respect towards the women who have had a positive influence in your life.
    For your foster children, celebrating the day does not have to be a large affair...homemade cards or a small handcraft item is enough for them to present to you.
    I can understand your worries, though, about them not being able to celebrate with their "real" mothers. If they have any contact with their mom's then they can present her (or mail her) a gift, too.
    God bless. {{Hugs}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2010