Is this rude and tacky?

I am turing 40 this year and I know that my husband will want to have a party, BUT I do not like all of his friends nor am I friends with them, would it be rude of me to write out a guest list of who I would like there and not who he thinks I would like there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no...its your party... you dont even have to invite your husband lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It is YOUR birthday so you should have YOUR friends; when it is his birthday he can have his friends.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• lol glamomomo is right. I'm throwing my self a huge birthday bash and my husband is not invited. I thought he wouldn't care but when he told me it hurt his feelings. My response was "suck it!" lol Its your birthday you invite who you want. If you want the cute bag boy at the grocery store to come then go ahead and do it. Its your bash enjoy yourself.
    Anonymous

• Its rude and tacky of him to invite his friends to your party.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Its kind of weird he has friends you don't like or know. All my hubby's friends come over, hang out, and I like or tolerate them some my kids even call uncle same with my friends he tolerates and likes most of them , then we have friends that are couples. I think its weird when people have totally separate friends or social circles. But hey to each his own. Yeah you should be able to make the guest list to your own party, but if he is trying to surprise you I would just be thankful and go with whatever he puts together.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 4:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• No, it is neither rude nor tacky to tell your husband who you want at your party.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• kjfamily, he has one friend in particular that I CANNOT stand and his wife, well I have a name for her that I will not post on the internet, other than those two I don't mind the rest!

Anonymous

• No way. It would be rude and tacky on HIS part to invite HIS friends to your party. He should know you don't like them, and he should know better then to try and invite them. Make a list, and tell him not to invite who you do not want there. This is for you, not him.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2010