More likely to be preterm?

I'm pregnant with #2. My first was born 4 weeks before her due date (luckily she was healthy). Reason was premature rupture of membranes. Does this mean I'm likely to have a repeat preterm birth with this one as well? Did you have a preterm birth with your first, then carry until term with babies after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had a full term followed by a 32 weeker, then i delivered twins at 37 weeks (which is pretty good for twins ; )) i am 33 weeks now...and i still worry a bit about having another preemie, but one premature birth does not guarantee another. i know you said the membranes ruptured, but do you have any other ideas why this could have happened? emotional stress, dehydration, too much physical work, not enough good nutrition? anyhow, if you can figure out why the first came early, then you can know how to prevent another one from coming early. some things can't be helped, but some things can!
    good luck to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• No idea why it happened, actually. I had quit my job about three weeks earlier and was staying off my feet, so I wasn't stressed, I can't think of anything too physically that I was doing- I was actually LESS physical, and I've always had a great diet. I can't remember ever getting dehydrated at the end of my pregnancy. It was really weird. My water just broke and I had no contractions. I was GSB positive, but I didn't think that was a risk factor in it.
    Anonymous