How do you clean your tennis shoes?

I got a really awesome pair of Nike's for Christmas. Usually a pair of shoes lasts me a long time, but these are already so dirty that it's driving me crazy. There is a mesh type of material over most of the shoe, and I'm unable to wipe the dirt away from underneath that mesh. Do any of you ladies know of a secret on how to get these clean? My aunt creates a secret formula that you put in the washing machine with your shoes, but of course it's a "secret" lol

mama2br00ke

Asked by mama2br00ke at 3:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I toss those babies right in the washer! I even use bleach. They come out "crispy" as my teens would say lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I use toothpaste on the leather parts. It works great. I usually use Shout on the mesh but I wash my shoes about once a week so I don't know.... hope that helps :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 4:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• A teeny bit of Soft Scrub with Bleach and an old toothbrush. Comes out looking brand spankin' new!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2010