i am expecting a baby boy. i registered for a infant tub for the baby. help me.

i do not have a bath tub i only hav e stand up shower. are there inflatable tubs that you can use or does any one know of anything that i can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kitchen counter by your sink. That what i used for my son. Either in the sink or in the tub by the sink.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• bathe in the kitchen or the bathroom sink, and before they can sit up, use a bowl and a wash cloth with soap!
    Anonymous

• i used a sing for my little girl
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• The kitchen sink works great for a while, and the bathroom sink can work too, especially for cleaning off after a messy poop. And when he gets too big for the infant tub, put a showerhead with a long hose and a low-flow setting in your shower stall, and you can give him a shower. When he's too big for bathing in the infant tub, it can still work as a toddler pool on hot days.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• We have a tub, and I still use the kitchen sink for my baby; it's the easiest place, you don't have to strain your back bending over. A lot of infant tubs will fit in a standard kitchen 2-part sink; if not, or if you don't have a 2-part sink, then the counter next to the sink works just as well. And when baby can sit up on his own, they have infant/toddler tubs where you can put baby in one side reclined back as an infant, and sitting up on the other side as a toddler, or you can sit him directly in the sink.

And down the road, when baby is able to stand up, you can take him in the shower with you (or with daddy, if you're not comfortable with it). Or I got my son a big Rubbermaid tub and let him take a bath in that while I'm taking a shower. There are ways to make it work. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I bathed my son in the kitchen sink until he didn't fit in it anymore :-) then I had to take him to my MILs for bath time (she only lived 3 houses away at the time). But the sink will work for awhile
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 4:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i like what DragonRiderMD said! get a rubbermaid tub to set in the shower when he gets old enough to play in the tub! perfect! sink while still a baby!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I saw a blow up tub shaped like a duck at target the other day! It was only $10 and really cute. I was going to buy it but I didn't. I might go buy it now that DD sits up in her infant tub.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• i bought that blow up duck as well for the bathtub- and it works well. we transitioned to that after the infant tub got too big for him and he absolutly LOVES it! he was scared at first but it just took a couple times outside the bath to get him used to it.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• thank you every much for everyones input. it will help me alot.
    ashley451985

Answer by ashley451985 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2010