Jinxing?

I'm usually not that superstitious of a person, but this one has me...

I'm thinking of suggesting to my husband that if we have boy, we name him after my brother and after my husband's uncle (we'd have to figure out which would flow best for order). The thing is, they have both passed on, and at young ages: one from suicide, the other from AIDS (blood transfusion back in the 80s).

I think it would be a nice thing, but at the same time I'm kind of freaked out at the possibility of jinxing that baby and having him die young too.

Is it just the hormones making me freak like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think you'd be jinxing your baby, but I can totally see how you'd feel that way. I have many family members that are named after people who have passed on, and they are healthy middle-aged adults now. GL!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I don't think you're jinxing him. I think it would be sweet.
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 5:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It's not jinxing...it's honoring :)
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• its not jinkxin the baby my DD is names after a friend and my mother who has passed and she is 3 and loving life!! good luck momma!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2010