if your daughter was pregnant

and wanted to get an abortion, would you let her? would you force her to have the baby and hope she would be a good mom even though she didnt want it? would you force her to have her baby and give it up for adoption?
or would you let her choose what she wanted to do with her own body?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It depends on her age. I would let her get an abortion. If she was 14 or younger I would make the decision for her. If she was15 I would make the decision with her. If she was 16 and older  I would let her make the decision and help in whatever way she wanted. I would raise the baby, an option you didn't list.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would not let my daughter kill a human being. Just like if she doesn't like the neighbor kid she cannot kill him. I will force her to get along with the neighbors even though she did not want to.

She has a the right to do whatever she wants to her body but she is not going to burn, chop up or suck apart a baby
    Anonymous

• If she's old enough to get pregnant, then she's old enough to face the consequences and make those decisions herself. The only say I would have would be about anything pertaining to me ...i.e. whether I would help financially with the baby, emotionally, donate time, etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• signing papers to give her permission to slaughter a baby would make me as bad as the baby killing doctor
    Anonymous

• Well, if parents can't force their daughter to have an abortion then why should they force her to have the baby too?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It's not a human being, a baby, until it can live on it's own. It's not slaughtering. What century are you from ladies.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't let her. Even if I had to raise the baby. I think abortion is murder. If my daughter spread her legs, she needs to accept the consequences.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would raise my daughter in the first place to know that abortions are wrong. I also would aim to raise her to not get pregnant before marraige.

Maybe I am just one of those crazy mothers who believes in teaching their kids from the beginning the difference between right and wrong. That way there aren't these issues later on.

Anonymous

I am living in this century thank you very much and as science has advanced SO much we know there is a heart beat and DNA. I would not let my daughter kill a baby, I would not let her slaughter a human being.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't make my daughter do anything. I'm pretty pro-life, and very against abortion, I also believe that if someone makes a mistake, they should have to do something about it..maybe that sounds harsh, but it's true. However, she would have a choice, and i'd give her all the information I could on why it's better not to get an abortion..and help her find resources on adoption. I'd also talk to her about keeping the child if she wanted it, and help her learn how she could do that to. In the end, if she decided to get an abortion, it would be her choice..though I probably would be disappointed in her, i'd still love her and like i said, let her have a choice.
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 4:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2010