Question for moms with kids in daycare?

Do you take your child to daycare, even if you have the day off, just to get your "money's worth"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• i've heard of some moms who do..i run an in-home daycare, and the little boy i have, came the one day his mom had off during the week..but it was just one day so it wasn't a big deal..i think though, if i had my dd in daycare all day everyday, i'd probably keep her home on a day off..but at most..i'd take her for half the day, or a few hours, so i could get stuff done around the house..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Once in a while I do take them to daycare when I have the day off. To get my "money's worth" isn't the main reason, but it's part of the reason.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 5:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• If my hubby or I are off for whatever reason and the older kids are at school, our 9 month old is with us, I will not take him to daycare. I did have outpatient surgery about 2 months ago, we dropped him off for the procedure and hubby picked him up right after, that was the only exception.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• No. My DH will sometimes leave her at day care if he gets off early because the entire day has been paid for, and he'll just have a few hours to himself. I can't even stand that, I get off and immediately go pick her up. I don't even like to go run errands or anything first. (And she only goes two days a week).
    Anonymous

• Depends on why I have a day off. If it is for doctor appointments then yes I will leave her there and then pick her up afterwards or visa versa. It is more fun for her to be with other kids and listen to stories and such then sit with mommy in a doctor's office being told to quite down please, don't run please, etc.....

If the day off is just a day off then yes she is with me.
    kittymom

Answer by kittymom at 5:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• No, but if you want to, it is no big deal to me! Lots of kids like a predictable schedule so some people take their kids even if they are off.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Kittymom, I have to disagree with you (Dr. Laura disagrees too). Your child, though a dr office doesn't sound fun at all, would greatly enjoy the quality time with you vs going to daycare like she does every day. Even the most mundane errands can seem like an adventure to a kid if they are getting some quality time with mommy or daddy.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• kittymom .... wouldnt THAT be the daycare raising your child if you dont even take her on errands, but send her to daycare instead? Isnt that a double standard??
    Anonymous

• soyousay ..... is a predicable schedule better than time with mom? The parents think so, but the kids would say NO!
    Anonymous

• MomToBelSaMom .... is using your allotted time more important than your kids? .... even SOMETIMES?
    Anonymous